Hello Wayne,

At 1:09 PM on Thursday, November 01, 2001 you wrote the
following on the posted subject 'How do I filter against a
date?':

Wayne> [...] I need to figure out how to create a filter that
Wayne> will delete (send to trash) any mail sent to an account after a
Wayne> specified date: I.E. Joe User is working under contract until
Wayne> 12/01/01. His incoming mail after that date needs to
Wayne> automatically be deleted.
Wayne> The main issue is triggering the filter on or after a certain
Wayne> date. [...]

  How about the following:

  1.Create contractor group in your main AB.

  2.When contract employee is hired, enter their info in the
  contractor group. Figure out the # of days the contractor
  will be with you. Put that # in the area under the 'Other'
  tab for safe-keeping. You can also enter the contractor's
  start & end dates here.

  3.Create filter on incoming mail.

    Rule
        Source Folder = Inbox
        Filtering String = contractor's name &/or address
            Presence = yes in kludges

    Action Tab
        Delete the Message
        Send courtesy auto-reply to sender's address

    Advanced Tab
        Message is older than (###) days
        Addresses must be listed in the AB
            Items: First Recipient