Hello Jan,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll give it a try, and see what happens.
Wayne

Saturday, November 03, 2001, 8:32:51 AM, you wrote:

JR> Hello Wayne,

JR> At 1:09 PM on Thursday, November 01, 2001 you wrote the
JR> following on the posted subject 'How do I filter against a
JR> date?':

Wayne>> [...] I need to figure out how to create a filter that
Wayne>> will delete (send to trash) any mail sent to an account after a
Wayne>> specified date: I.E. Joe User is working under contract until
Wayne>> 12/01/01. His incoming mail after that date needs to
Wayne>> automatically be deleted.
Wayne>> The main issue is triggering the filter on or after a certain
Wayne>> date. [...]

JR>   How about the following:

JR>   1.Create contractor group in your main AB.

JR>   2.When contract employee is hired, enter their info in the
JR>   contractor group. Figure out the # of days the contractor
JR>   will be with you. Put that # in the area under the 'Other'
JR>   tab for safe-keeping. You can also enter the contractor's
JR>   start & end dates here.

JR>   3.Create filter on incoming mail.

JR>     Rule
JR>         Source Folder = Inbox
JR>         Filtering String = contractor's name &/or address
JR>             Presence = yes in kludges

JR>     Action Tab
JR>         Delete the Message
JR>         Send courtesy auto-reply to sender's address

JR>     Advanced Tab
JR>         Message is older than (###) days
JR>         Addresses must be listed in the AB
JR>             Items: First Recipient
JR>         The Address entry must belong to groups
JR>             Select your contractor group

 Wayne                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]