Dear TBUDL,

  I'm trying to get a selective download rule to work with signal
  strings loaded from a file.  The rule looks like:

  Rule tab:
    Name = Approved senders
    Detect by = Originator
    Signal strings = (empty)
    Rule is:
      Active = checked
      Manual only = unchecked
  Advanced tab:
    Action = Kill
    Detection method = None of strings should match
    Load signal strings from the file = checked
    filename box names an existing file (selected by browsing)

  The signal strings file is formatted like:

     v--column 1
     string1
     string2
     etc

  When I used to put all the strings in the signal strings box on the
  Rule tab, the rule would mark for retrieval only messages from
  people matching entries the list.

  Will someone put me out of my misery and tell me what I did wrong?
  The help's a little sketchy on what should go in the signal strings
  file.

--
Warmest human regards,
Tim Magee                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.53d on Windows 98
4.10 Build 2222