Hello David,

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:27:00 -0600GMT (10-11-01, 19:27 +0100GMT, where
I live), you wrote:

DD> -- I can't read about half the messages.  I try double clicking on
DD> them, hitting Enter (as the Help file suggests), forwarding them to

I don't know about this. Can you view the message when you're looking
at the source. (Press <F9>) Or do you see the message when you have
the headers visible too? (Press <Ctrl><Shift><K>)

DD> -- the HTML images won't load in any configuration.  I had understood
DD> that this was standard for The Bat! when first loaded -- that you get
DD> yellow exclamation points instead of images.  But I can't get the
DD> images to load in any of the programs viewers under any conditions.

TB doesn't show images in html that aren't included in the message. A
lot of newsletters are sent with a load of images, that aren't
included in the message, but only the url of the picture is included.
Since this saves a lot of bandwidth during the sending, it's common
practice. It is however a safety risk when viewing the message.
Especially when you're reading the message with some software that
acts like it's opening a local file.
If you want to view the message as it is intended, you should open the
html attachment with your browser. That's more secure.
This method of sending messages is also a way of telling how many
people (and from what ip-addresses) are receiving/reading your
mailinglist, hence it's a privacy issue too.

--
Groetjes, Roelof