I recently did the unthinkable  --  I fried my computer.  :(

And now I'm trying to reconstruct everything from scratch.  Please don't
tell me how stupid I was to not have the requisite backups.  My wife
has done that already, in spades. And she's very, very good at it.

I promise, it won't happen again.  I now have a computer with not one
hard drive installed, but three. One old corrupted hard drive, plus
two spanking-new 40 gigabyte hard drives.  One of the new drives will
be used to backup the other one, etc.  I can still get to many of my
files on the old corrupted drive, I just can't open any programs. So
all of my old Bat! files (e.g., the address book) should still be
there, eh?

So take pity on me and give me a break, okay? What I now need most are
two things:

1. The ability to import my old Bat! address book into my new Bat
address book.  Please tell that it can be done -- or you will read
about me on the 6 o'clock news, something about a man climbing a tower
with a high-powered rifle...

2. Have the wonderful folks at Ritlabs send me a replacement key to
use in my freshly-downloaded trial version. Yes, I'd be happy to pay a
small fee for this privilege. Can it be done?

It's not so important that I be able to import all of the old account
and folder information, because I'm taking this as an opportunity to
do a little house-cleaning.  But I would like to be able to save the
messages in certain folders.  Can it be done?

Please note, I still love The Bat! as much as ever, which is quite a
bit. Unfortunately, I'm now discovering that I forgot how to do a lot
of things, having no need to do them in quite some time, and The Bat
ain't exactly intuitive -- but it's slowly coming back to me.

So, please help me out if you can, eh?

And please be gentle.

--
Joe Finocchiaro