I just sent 3 emails to myself using all 3 priority options and I did receive them all
nearly the same time...
So if this is just to let the recipient know the urgency of your message, where is
this indicated..??
I cant tell any difference in any of the 3 emails I sent..  I even looked at the
complete header information and none of them were labeled "High Priority" or say
anything else about priority...
Maybe this is why I have been confused for so long.

"it just
gives the recipient a sign that this mail is important, it catches
more attention. Vice versa with low priority mail."