On Monday, December 24, 2001, 5:54:37 AM, Kai Göing wrote:

KG> I'm intending to purchase a Palm m500 after Christmas and was
KG> wondering if anybody knows whether it's possible to synchronize
KG> e-mails and addresses between TB and the m500. A friend of mine claims
KG> that synchronization is only possible using Outlook or Outlook
KG> Express. Thanks in advance.

I was able to synch it up without much trouble. I use the free Yahoo
address book at my backup so that I have a backup online. It was
fairly simple to export your Bat address book to a CSV file. The I
imported this CSV file to my yahoo address book (option there to
import a csv file ). Next just use the free intellisynch software you
could download at yahoo and it's a breeze to synch between Yahoo
address book and your Palm. The only part that wasn't so nice was the
synch between the exported Bat csv file and the Yahoo address book.

The little trick is to do this:
1) If you don't already have addresses in your yahoo address book, put a
sample one in filling in all the contact information you think you
will use.
2) Now export this yahoo address book as a CSV file and open it up in
something like Excel.
3) Look at what the name all the columns.
4) Export the Bat address book to a csv file and open it up in Excel.
Rename the column headings to the corresponding ones in Yahoo.
5) Save this file and then import this into the Yahoo address book.

Next just get the intellisynch software and you can synch pretty
easilly between yahoo and your palm. I'd make a copy of the csv column
names you used so that if you want to export your bat addresses in the
future it's not that hard.

Might not be what you are looking for. But oh well:)

--

Rick

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"I bet the main reason the police keep people away from a plane crash
is they don't want anybody walking in and lying down in the crash
stuff, then, when somebody comes up, act like they just woke up and
go, 'What was THAT?!"

  -Jack Handey