Hello Gerard,

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:06:37 +0100GMT (30-12-01, 19:06 +0100GMT, where
I live), you wrote:

GdV>  I tried this and it works as advertised. However, I wanted to make a
GdV>  small change. The filter now adds all sender address to the
GdV>  address book even if they ar already in there. The result is
GdV>  double/triple/etc. entires.

Are they completely identical? Or are they multiple instances of the
same address with different names. (eg Roelof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, R. Otten
<[EMAIL PROTECTED], Roelof Otten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
TB sees those as different addresses. When creating them, that is, not
when it checks whether an address is the address book.

GdV>  I tried activating the advanced tab / all address(es) must not be
GdV>  listed in the address book (item: sender). But this doesn't seem to
GdV>  work. It doesn't want to add any email addresses now.
GdV>  Any suggestions?

Yes, several. ;-)
1) check not only whether the address is in the address book, but also
whether it is in the group 'klanten'
2) I suppose you've got all of your customers still in your address
book, but not yet in the group 'klanten', that's essential for the
correct working of the whole procedure.
3) I've got 'Hide items if not explicitly selected' checked on the
group I was using. I don't know how essentially that is for the
deleting of them all when you're erasing the group.
4) When replying on a message please don't reply on top of the message
while quoting the whole thing, that makes it difficult to decide on
what part of the message you're replying. (That has nothing to do with
this problem, but enhances the readability of your messages. <g>)

Roelof>> Next create a filter 'herstel zakelijke adressen' in among the
Roelof>> read-messages filters
Roelof>> (Rule tab
Roelof>>    Source folder: zakelijk,
Roelof>>    Target folder: zakelijk,
Roelof>>    Filtering strings: string: @, location: kludges, presence: Yes,
Roelof>>    Rule is 'Active' and 'Manual Only'
Roelof>>  Action tab
Roelof>>    Check: Add addresses to address book
Roelof>>      Items: Sender
Roelof>>      Add to group: 'klanten'
Roelof>> )

I created such a filter for one of my folders (only 303 msgs) and only
two addresses got two entries, because of different spellings of the
name. (In total I got 72 new address book entries.) After the advanced
option Sender not in the address book group I was adding them, they
were skipped. (70 new address book entries)

--
Groetjes, Roelof