On Mon, 31 Dec 2001 at 14:19 GMT +0000 (12/31/2001 9:19 AM
where I live) "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [wee] wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] re: 'Quotes':

,----- [wee]
| I'd like to change my quote style. I got told off on a
| mailing list for using firstname> as a quote.
|
| I tried using %QUOTES=">>" and QUOTESTYLE=">>" in the
| template for replies to this mailing list only. Neither
| seemed to produce any changes. Could someone maybe post an
| abc guide to this for a real TB novice.
'-----

  Too bad you got told off but one of the wonderful things
  about TB! is you can customize your replies to different
  people or groups via QTs, templates & macros.

  TB! can automatically use a variety of prefixes to the '>'
  (or even replace the '>' with another character if you
  want to) via the use of %Quotestyle. To make matters
  really simple, if you *don't* use %QUOTESTYLE in your
  template the default is '>'.

  Take a look @ Help -> Index -> type 'quote style' & you
  will see the possibilities. In addition, I believe you can
  add something like %QUOTESTYLE="xyz" %QUOTES in your
  template & your quoted info will look like this:

  xyz> text
  xyz> text

  To complete the description, when you create a template, or
  change the default templates, simply add the following line
  & TB! will do the rest:

  %QUOTESTYLE='your choice' %QUOTES
  or do not add %QUOTESTYLE and you should get

  > xyz
  > xyz

  HTH

--