On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 at 16:58 GMT +0800 (1/1/2002 3:58 AM
where I live) "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" [Thomas] wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] re: 'Quotes':

,----- [Thomas]
| You can set the quotestyle to add stuff *before* the ">", but you
| cannot
|  *replace* ">" with another symbol via the template setting.
|
| >> In order to change the ">" to something else, a user on the German
| >> list suggested to copy the text you want to quote into the
| >> clipboard,
| >> and then paste it into your reply via a regex that adds a
| >> character of
| >> your choice to the beginning of every line.
|
| The recursive regex templates I was referring to have already benn
| posted here.
'-----

  Yes they have, thank you. However, this was the msg I was
  responding to:

,----- [wee David]
| I'd like to change my quote style. I got told off on a mailing list
| for using
| firstname> as a quote.
|
| I tried using %QUOTES=">>" and QUOTESTYLE=">>" in the template for
| replies to this mailing list only. Neither seemed to produce any
| changes. Could someone maybe post an abc guide to this for a real
| TB novice.
'-----

   Yes you have 'been clearer'.

   Thank you.