Hello Peter,

> On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 22:58:06 +0200GMT (which was 21:58 +0100GMT where I live),
> Costas Papadopoulos thought about "PGP and The Bat - I need some help" and wrote:

CP>> I  want  to  use PGP 2.6.3i. This version worked on my PC with Pegasus
CP>> Mail,  so  I  suppose the PGPPATH and other paths are already properly
CP>> set.

CP>> 1.  When  I  receive  a PGP encrypted message and try and open it with
CP>> Tools | Open PGP | Open PGP Decrypt I am faced with a dialog requiring
CP>> me to enter an ID and a password. Which ID information should I enter?
CP>> I  tried  various  alternatives,  but they all result in another empty
CP>> window about an Open PGP Error.

> Hi Costas,

> this looks like the dialogue I get for GnuPG. Are you sure you have set
> your preferences right? (Tools -- Open PGP -- Choose PGP version)

> Btw. why don't you want to use a later PGP version? You can handle the
> old keys with them too. But not vice versa. Most people use versions 6.x
> or later. The PGP version implemented in TB! won't handle keys created
> with the newer versions.

CP>> I know I have a lot to learn, but I am keen to do so!

> You're welcome! :-)

I  double  checked about the version. The GnuPG option is grey, so I'm
sure that I selected 2.6.3. I also have version 6.5.8, but I don't use
it  much.  Following  your  suggestion  I installed the relevant 6.5.x
plug-in and I can now decrypt messages with it.

However,  I  would  still  prefer  to be able to use version 2.6.3, if
possible.

 Costas                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]