On 8 Jan 2002, 11:14:28 AM, Anne-Sophie Hombert wrote:

> It works perfectly over here, under Win2K with a US Keyboard, layout
> set as "United States-International" via the Control Panel.

In Word you mean?

and

On 8 Jan 2002, 10:41:36 AM, Marck D Pearlstone wrote:

> ,----- [ Query ] | One convention which appears not to work is that
> of generating | accented characters using prefix key combinations.
> This isn't one | that's widely known so in case you're not familiar
> with it (excuse me | if I'm mentioning something you already know)
> it's using such as Ctrl | + ' + e to give é, Ctrl + Shift + ^ + a to
> give â, Ctrl + Shift + ~ + | N to give ñ, Ctrl + Shift + : + u to
> give ü, and so on. I've done all | these examples here using cut and
> paste from Word but it would be good | to have them readily
> available thus from the keyboard. `-----

I'm not sure it's reasonable to call this a convention (depending on
how deferential one is to MS) but rather a feature in certain MS
software. In Wordperfect typing ctrl anything followed by a 'e'
produces center justification. (in word if you type the e before the '
you also get center justification)

by the way besides pounds/dollars, what is different between uk and us
keyboard? (i don't know if anyone knows how to type a one-tap or a
two-tap trill over here, but people usually look at me like I'm nuts
if I try to put a trill into the correct pronunciation of my last name
either)

--
Dwight A. Corrin
P O Box 47828