Hello Gerard!

On 12 Jan 2002 at 21:34:45 you wrote:

> That's why we need to move on and stop working on better versions of
> 1.53.

OK, to clear it up a bit. RITLabs is actually working on a version
with a working title "1.54".

The put in a lot of features wished for and promised for v2. Due to
some comments by Maxim we know that v2 is scheduled for the first
quarter of 2002.

Some of us suggested - it was also mentioned as an "educated guess" -
that the current beta will be the first v2. RITLabs even thought of
publishing a new official release before Christmas but was talked out
of it unanimously by members of the beta list.

If you are interested in the development join the beta list and even
try out beta 26 which is quite good. Actually most betas from RITLabs
up to now have been much more useful and stable than many release
products by other companies.

> Since I use TB professionally I am very reluctant to try a
> beta version, although I switched to the "t" version of 1.53 and I
> appreciate the effort of the programmers to make a bug free program.

Although "t" is only available through the beta page it is not a beta.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.54 Beta/26 on Windows 95 4.0 67306684 C

The two shortest books in the world? Very easy: *The Complete History
of Italian Heroes* and *A Survey of German Humour*. (Derek Leveret)