Hello Luc!

On Saturday, January 26, 2002 at 12:04:01 AM you wrote:

> Sometimes i use 'return'. Is there a way to check in TB! how many
> characters the window is ?

I think we are going astray when we point to the pane width.

Here's my settings and what I do when typing. Perhaps you find a
difference to what you do:

1. Under Options/Editor Preferences in the first column everything is
checked except the second and third item. I also use Overwrite blocks.

2. In the same window set the wrapping to 70; my quotes limit is 10.

3. When I write I type on continuously. Every hard return gives a new
line *as long as I don't re-format*.

4. For a new paragraph, which will not re-format if I do one in
another paragraph, I hit <Enter> twice.

5. Do I have to add or delete after a paragraph is finished I
re-format (<Alt>+<l>) afterwards - sometimes this has to be done twice
because TB! doesn't always do it right the first time.

Hope that helps!

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.54 Beta/31 on Windows 95 4.0 67306684 C

Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.