On 28 January 2002 at 2:40 pm Dave wrote:

> Is there a way to set up filter which works across multiple accounts?

> Alternatively, is there a way to set up a folder which is common to
> more than one account?

> If, as I suspect, the answer to both questions is "no", can anyone
> suggest a graceful way to handle the following situation?

> I have several POP3 accounts.  The mail coming through all of these
> accounts needs to be sorted into a common set of folders.  Is there
> not some alternative to maintaining multiple sets of identical
> filters, one for each account?

Wait until version 1.54; it has "common folders" which can be set up
independently of other accounts and can have messages filtered into them
from any or all accounts.

(It doesn't have "common filters" which, come to think of it, might be a
worthwhile addition!)

Alastair

--
Alastair Scott (London, United Kingdom)
Using Windows 95 and The Bat! 1.54 Beta/31