On 03 February 2002 at 06:10 ::Andrew:: wrote:

> Hello tbudl,

>   Don't get me wrong I'm a great fan of TB! but if I had one wish it
>   would be to make TB! recognise it's won mail databases more easily.
>   I've had to re-install winxp several times recently which has
>   brought home just how much of a pain the current system is.

>   1) Point TB! at the mail folder in 'My docs' (because I keep my docs
>   on a seperate drive when I reinstall it's unaffected).
>   2) Create a stupid test account just so I can get into TB! then
>   delete it (this step may not be necessary but I've always doneit his
>   way).
>   3) Try and remember the names I'd given for each account I have was
>   it yahoo, yahoo.com, yahoo.co.uk that sort of thing.
>   4) Try and remember the order in which I like those accounts to
>   display - subconciously I'm used to them being in a given order and
>   reach for them there now.
>   5) Change the view so that the account tree is tall and reaches top
>   to bottom on the left - just my pref.
>   6) Go through all accounts checking user names for several accounts
>   I have user names like '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' that bat when it
>   recovers the configs for the folders etc always drops the
>   @domain.com bit which means I have to double check all accounts.
>   7) all done ... but there really should be something easier.

Somewhat baffled by all this ... you're missing Tools | Backup and
Tools | Restore which do all this for you (they back up all the
accounts' properties and so on into one file which can easily be hived
off to CD-R in case of disaster).

Unfortunately the "test account" problem is still present - you have
to create a dummy account before you get to the menus and can do the
restore. I've put a feature request in to fix this (which is trivially
easy!), though.

Alastair