ON Sunday, February 03, 2002, 11:13:02 AM, you wrote:

Jernej> It's pretty simple to port The Bat: start RegEdit, go to
Jernej> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RIT and export the complete folder The
Jernej> Bat!. Backup your complete The Bat installation (all folders,
Jernej> including all Bat's files - thebat.exe, tbmapi.dll...), reformat the
Jernej> hard drive, restore The Bat. If you didn't put it in the same path it
Jernej> used before, fix the paths in the REG file, otherwise just import it
Jernej> back to registry. Now run The Bat. Everything is just as it was before
Jernej> the backup.

Jernej,

 This reminds me of a car mechanic who I saw 30 years ago. He could not
 find the electrical problem that was in the car. so he pulled out all
 the electric wires and rewired the complete car. Easy and quick he
 explained.

 Today the first thing the mechanic does when my car comes in is plug
 it into the computer and with its newest brother you hand the car
 keys to the reception who use the error log stored in the car-key to
 make a workplace order. The car almost tells the mechanic what to do!

 The point, we should try to make TB! not a tool for experts but for
 all users out there. That means easy to configure and intuitive to
 use. That sort of kills the register editing option, sorry.

 BTW extra points for naming my car brand :-)

 Gerard

Insert Cookie Here--> Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.

Windows 2000 Professional with TB Version 1.53t