On 04 February 2002 at 9:18 am Headless wrote:

> If I navigate to an address from the address book with the keyboard
> and hit enter, the address name edit box pops up, how do I select an
> address with the keyboard?

Hit Alt-Enter.

> Also, I can't get rid of 2 folders in the address book "Trusted root
> CA and Intermediate CA? (they are re-inserted after a restart)

(The following is a very terse description of a complex issue!)

This (regeneration) is done because, if these address books were
missing, S/MIME encryption and signing of messages would be barely worth
the effort.

In a nutshell, every message signed or encrypted with S/MIME requires at
least two other cryptographic signatures to be present on the
recipient's machine; these are hard-wired into the address books you
mention. If these address books weren't there the recipient would have
to import the other signatures themselves (by a process too complex to
describe here); at the moment, this only occasionally happens because
the hard-wired signatures cover about 95 per cent of cases.

> Most peculiar: I had to go back to Batty's main window to find out how
> to bring up the address book, the message compose window doesn't have
> a button or a menu entry to bring the address book up.

You can either press the small 'file card' button (at the extreme
right-hand end of the To: CC: or BCC: fields when the cursor is in it)
or, more easily, hit F8.

Alastair

--
Alastair Scott (London, United Kingdom)
Using Windows 95 and The Bat! 1.54 Beta/35