Hello John Phillips,

On Saturday, February 09 2002 at 09:47 PM PDT, you wrote:

> When I click on a "mail to" link on a web page, or if I want to send
> a new e-mail in Bat! the template for the highlighted Bat! folder is
> used, and the mail to address set up in that folder's template.

If you set one Account as the default for Mailto's, then whenever you
click on a Mailto located within a Web page, the default Account level
Template will be used for the MailTo, but the address and subject
located within the Mailto will be referred to in the new message.

> The major problem with the web link is that I have no idea which
> folder is highlighted in Bat!  Of this can be seen if Bat! is open,
> but still a nuisance, IMO.

If you do as I mention above, it will not matter what Folder you are in.
The only time a Folder level Template becomes a problem is when you
click on a Mailto located within a message. In that case there is
nothing you can do about it because TB does not handle those Mailto's
correctly. Actually, it doesn't even handle Web page based Mailto's
correctly, but at least in that circumstance the Account level Template
that it uses is usually benign enough.

The answer to this ongoing dilemma is for RITLabs to resolve the problem
of new messages derived from Mailto's _having_ to use a Template. Instead,
TB should just fill in the address and subject as dictated by the Mailto
itself, and leave everything else blank. To simply suggest Users _not_
use the Folder Templates feature because it has negative implications in
those cases, only prolongs RITLabs need to address the problem.

--
Nick Andriash
Courtenay, B.C. Canada