Hello William,

On Sun, 3 Mar 2002, at 13:02:51 [GMT +0000] (which was 8:02:51
AM in NY, USA) William Moore wrote:

William Moore> Thank you for your email dated Sunday, March 03, 2002, 11:29:27 AM, in
which you wrote:

MAU>> Scot's article is anything but an independent review

William Moore> I must admit it is unlike him to talk about a two-year old product
William Moore> although he says he will review it in the near future.

        Not only that.  But with the following statement he
bases that outdated opinion as a premise for all the alternative
email faithful as being mistaken...

        "But I guess I have some disappointing news. I've looked at all
        three programs in the past and have found them wanting."

        Nevertheless, I think his self proclaimed professional
opinion makes something else very clear: TB is so functional and
so different that one can use TB for years and still learn
something new every day.  Unlike other less powerful clients, TB
can't be seen as not offering a function simply because it
doesn't have a shiny button explicitly stating that purpose:  If
you can conceive it, odds are that you can do it with TB...you
just have to find out how.

        Likewise, Mr. Finnie's misjudgments may also point a
finger at the real source of finding TB "wanting":  that would
be the lack of a full blown manual and context sensitive help
that is a little more sensitive to the actual task at hand.
There are more important individuals out there testing TB than
Mr. Finnie and they are likely less daft but less technically
proficient as well...such as those email users at the business
level looking for simple solutions to OE and Outlook's
shortcomings like simply selecting 100 messages at once and
exporting them to text files.  That simple need alone has given
me the opportunity to push 3 business level registrations of TB
in the last two months.

        Without a super manual or having someone hold Finnie's
hand through setting up TB to his needs, I'd say send him an
invitation to sit in on this list for a week or two.  After all,
the true manuals and help files reside here.

William Moore> I was one of those who complained about his ignoring TB! in his previous
William Moore> newsletter but I'm still too much of a Bat newbie to write again and
William Moore> refute the points he makes.

        Nice try.  Personally, I'd take an inquisitive and
innovative "newbie" over a biased set in his ways "expert" any
day.

James
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.stamp-co.com

   Society, my dear, is like salt water, good to swim in but hard to swallow.
    -- Arthur Stringer, _The Silver Poppy_

The Bat! v.1.54 Beta/45
Windows 2000 build 2195 Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon 1Ghz 512 MB RAM