Hello all,
Sunday, March 3, 2002, Leif Gregory wrote:

LG> As a reviewer of software for my newsletter, since 1997, he made a big
LG> mistake in writing that article without checking all the facts. He
LG> explicitly states that:

LG>    I first tested The Bat! perhaps two years ago, and I haven't looked
LG>    at it since then. I like the feel of it better than many other
LG>    alternative emailers. And I plan to test the 1.53d version again in
LG>    the near future.

How can write somebody prejudeced review, if he tested one of
programs before two years and as I can see, tested very poorly.

LG> Two years ago was what... v1.38, 1.39 or so? Even back then, there
LG> were outbound filtering capabilities. Not sure how he missed that
LG> fact.

he didn't saw filters, because he missed Replied and Read filters too.

LG> He also mistakenly says:

LG>    On the other hand, The Bat! hasn't been updated since June of 2001
LG>    either.)

LG> June 2001 was v1.53, and he apparently isn't familiar with the betas
LG> which are now at 1.54b45. That's a *lot* of revisions folks. Sometimes
LG> two a week. Now, I know there are some in the "Only official releases
LG> count" camp, but TB has hardly *not* been updated.

But if somebody look to Official page or to any Shareware Download
side, last official version was in June 2001. There should be any
information about progress development on Homegape, I think, because
new version is developed more than 8 months and no of previous
versions was developed too long. It will be great and with many
longwaiting and powerfull features, but without any informations for
new users and reviewers.

--

Bye

Marek Mikus
Czech support of The Bat!
http://www.thebat.ipex.cz

Using the best The Bat! 1.54 Beta/45
under the worst Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
AMD ThunderBird 1,2 GHz, 256 MB RAM