On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 12:44:57 PM PST, Allie C Martin wrote:

> After reading the rest of the thread as it came in I see that this
> couldn't be the problem.

Right.

> I see all of your messages in their entirety, with all the characters
> you wish to send. Since with both Becky and TB! you're seeing
> truncated versions, then it would appear to be a mail server issue.

I'm beginning to wonder about this myself.  I've been using this
particular account for all my message lists for quite a while now, and
this is the first time I'm having this sort of trouble.  I'll contact
them to see if they're having difficulties.

> The last thing to do would be to send the characters in an unsigned
> text block and see if it's transmitted OK or is everything below and
> including the characters cutoff as well?

I'll not PGP sign this message, and I'll now try to copy/paste *both*
of the characters here (aside from the list trailers at the bottom,
there should still be a sentence or two and my regular non-PGP
signature below these characters):

’ž

So far, it's been the "y" with the umlaut that has been disappearing
on me (in addition to everything below it).  The "ž" character seems
to show up without any problems.

Melissa
--
PGP public keys:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=PGP_Keys_8&Body=Please%20send%20keys