On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 10:35:49 -0500, Jan Rifkinson [JR] graced us with
these comments:
I had to go back to your original message Jan to understand the latter
part of the thread.

JR> While editing *existing* color group name/description, I couldn't
JR> change the color group handle.

I've noted this as well. The best thing to do is to delete the colour
group and recreate it. Or just leave the handle alone.

JR> All incoming TB! msgd are moved to a TB! folder & a filter action
JR> forces those msgs to be marked by color group depending on kludge
JR> address. However, color group color does not appear until msg is
JR> read even tho filter is in incoming folder.

In the colour groups configuration, note that for each colour groups
configuration, you can assign a colour for when the message is unread
and when it's unread (normal). You've only set your colour for
'normal'/read and forgot to set the same colour for Unread.

JR> At the top of my filter list is a filter that marks my own msgs
JR> [ie from Jan Rifkinson] w a strike thru. Action: mark read.
JR> Option: continue processing. Strike thru color group is assigned
JR> ok but TB! colors are not assigned when TB! msgs hit the TB!
JR> filters.

This is because the colour group assignment by your first filter is
overwritten by the second filter for the lists messages.

What you should do is disable, continue processing with the other
filters and set the TBUDL folder as the target folder. IOW's filter
your own messages separately. In my setup, I have 9 filters for TBUDL,
TBBETA and TBTECH. Three filter messages from me to the three list
folders. Another filters replies to my messages to the three folders
and the final three filters all other messages to their respective
folders. I had to do this because I wish to colour those three
different types of list messages differently.

JR> I guess color filters are not additive but I don't know why if the
JR> 'continue processing' command is invoked.

They aren't additive since you can't assign multiple colour groups to
a single message. If the actions are different in more than one filter
being applied to a single message then the actions are indeed
additive. In the case of colour groups, it's the colour group
assignment of the last applied filter that will be applied.

JR> After all TB! colors were assigned under actions, I decided to
JR> re-filter old msgs so colors could be assigned & I could sort on
JR> color group. I re-filtered TB! folder msgs. Colors changed [on
JR> read msgs] & 1 un-expected bonus action: the re-filtering set off
JR> a *manual only* filter that automatically sets up spam msgs for
JR> SPAMCOP. Suddenly I had 503 msgs in my Outbox. Fortunately I'm set
JR> for delayed send.

Why would your spam filter be weeding out messages in your discussion
list folder?

JR>   Which [if any of these] would you consider bugs?

Only your very first problem with the handle not being changeable.

- --
Allie C Martin   --   List Moderator
PGPKey - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[MUA: TB! v1.60c (*) OS: Windows XP 5.1.2600]
__