I did similar to what you are doing but soon realized that the change
the sending ID very often just to defeat that method.  What I have
found best is having a filer for each of the various list groups I
listen to that looks at the TO field to divert them to the associated
folder.  Then next to the last filter is one that requires only that
the sender be in my address book and if so, that mail goes into the
standard INBOX.  The final filter is the inverse of that.  Any message
this far down the chain and not in the address book goes to the
Unknown or spam filter.  About 90 percent of the mail that ends up in
that filer truly is spam.  The remaining are senders that I don't have
in my address book and won't put there but not really spam.  For that
reason I have to give a casual glance at the folder contents prior to
trashing them.  This has worked very well and I don't have to continue
to added ID's to a spam filter.

--

Gene                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Windows 2000 [version 5.0.2195]