Hi Drew,
On Friday, April 5, 2002 at 21:13:47 [GMT +1000], you wrote:

DH> I was hoping to get some thoughts on what people out there think is
DH> the best e-mail client and why! Any top five lists!?

I have tried almost any MUA out there (OK, I skipped IncrediMail! ;-), I
still have some to test (Gnus, ...) and this is my personal top five *at
the moment*:

1)   The Bat! 1.6c:
     Does more than most people would ever need in a MUA.

2)   Sylpheed
     IMO the best graphical mailer for Unix-based systems (no, I don't
     consider mutt or pine to have graphical interfaces).

3)   Mozilla
     Promising. It seems it could become my recommendation for a free
     MUA (on Windows) one day.

4)   mutt
     I use it at my university. Nice to have for checking mail via SSH.
     Nice list of features, highly configurable (although I must admit
     that I only use a very small subset of its features).

5)   Outlook
     Good PIM solution. Evolution 1.03 comes close, but Outlook
     nevertheless is a good piece of software. Unfortunately,
     it is a popular target for virii because it is really widespread.

Sometimes, in my weaker moments, I wish there was a version of Sylpheed
for Windows (I know there is one, but I don't really like it).
Especially over the last few weeks, when a lot of new functions have
been added to TB while old bugs were still present.

--
Regards,
Lars

The Bat! 1.60c on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600