Hi Ian,

> 1. Virtual Access is still undoubtedly the best all round mail & news
> (& CIS) client I've ever used. Sadly no-longer developed although
> still fully functional.

Although I "abandoned" VA after 6 years and moved to TB!, I basically
agree with you. And you know the reasons why I made the change.
However, I don't think e-mail clients, like many other things, can be
judged objectively. The best client for a person depends on his needs
and preferences.

> 2. The Bat! comes a not so close second. (Hi Miguel - Still not
> convinced!) Let down by the dreadful interface and even worse
> documentation. Looking foward to v.2

See what I mean? VA has been the best for me for 6 years and now is
TB!. And specially now that I can also manage newsgroups with TB!

Miguel A. Urech (El Escorial - Spain)
Using The Bat! v1.60c