On Sunday, April 7, 2002, 3:58:28 PM, DG Raftery Sr. wrote:

DRS> I have AVG set under RESIDENT SHIELD with all boxes checked then SAVE
DRS> PARAMETERS AS NEW DEFAULT. All check boxes under E-MAIL SCANNER are
DRS> un-checked. Every virus that has come in via e-mail here has been identified
DRS> by the resident scanner.

     How does it know to check attachments though as they come in? (or
     even after they are all in). I thought resident shield only
     worked periodically for whatever time you set it for. In other
     words I need to have e-mails that might have a virus
     automatically quarantined into a folder or something and at the
     very least flagged as maybe being infected so that they aren't
     opened by mistake.

--

Rick

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Marta was watching the football game with me when she said, 'You
know, most of these sports are based on the idea of one group
protecting its territory from invasion by another group.' 'Yeah,' I
said, trying not to laugh. Girls are funny."
  -Jack Handey