I was at a client's site yesterday and we were discussing the costs
and merits of upgrading their servers. After already receiving the
green light to proceed an idea hit me. 90% of the upgrade was due to
Exchange (long story), so why not just use The Bat! instead? I told
the client to wait a day or so until I thought about it some more.

Here's the layout: The client has about 15 workstations/users all
using exchange. None of them use the PIM features. They simply use it
for e-mail. So, TB seems perfect.

Here's my question: What would be the best configuration for the
install? I would like all the mailboxes to be stored on the server for
backup purposes and I'd like some employees to be able to share a
mailbox (tech support, that sort of thing). They are using
TrendMicro's OfficeScan for virus protection (although I don't think
there's a plugin yet for that)

Anyway, what would be your recommendation on how best to configure
this install?

Michael T. Ashby
Consultant
The Ashby Group