Dierk,

> a) a message and a mail address belong together, and
> b) a message has not been tinkered with.

They are both important things in many, if not most, email situations.
But I still maintain they are irrelevent on an informal public discussion list.

> There are good reasons to use PGP ...
> always. some people don't like it for perhaps equally good reasons

I'm not in any way against PGP or other forms of digital security.
They are undoubtedly very important tools in modern digital
communication. However, I reserve the right to find it just a little
comical that people feel the need to digitally sign their messages in
places such as this.

But as Greg so wisely said, I think we will have to agree to differ.
<g>

--

 Ian Petersen