*** Peter Palmreuther [20020418 10:11] writes:

PP> What exactly let you assume they are corrupted?

JPG attachments do not always display in TB, especially if they
are large. They show up blank, or show something like "JPG Err #68".
Saving them to disk results in the top portion (some random amount of
it) being visible, and the rest of the image corrupt.

ZIP files do not open; WinRAR usually reports a "premature end of
file".

PP> Have you tried opening them from within TB!?

Yes. Both JPG's (by clicking on the tabs at the bottom of the window)
and ZIP files (by double-clicking it).

PP> Have you tried saving them and opening later?

Yes. The files I save via my ISP's webmail interface (which open
just fine) are larger than if I save the file from the exact same
message as received by TB! For example, a recent ZIP was 538,085
bytes when downloaded via the webmail interface (which also utilizes
POP3, just like TB!) and only 537,978 bytes when saved from TB!.

Note that I do not have any problem sending large attachments from
TB!; that has always worked without trouble.

PP> Have you by any chance an anti virus software running in
PP> background that might interfer the process of storing the file
PP> to disk?

Nope, I do not run any antivirus software on my Win2K SP2 box. And
I *just* did a fresh install of Win2K last week (i.e., reformatted
the drive and started over completely; I started getting the BSOD
on startup with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE and could not find a way
to repair it) so it isn't likely that I have corrupt DLL's or
other "cruft" in my system that is causing the problem.

I have received a private email from another individual who is
experiencing the exact same problem, so at least I know it isn't
just me.

** Gerard [20020418 07:32] writes:

G> Please try forwarding the attachment to someone, before you do
G> anything else with it, and see if they can open it.

Nope, once the file is received into my inbox, it is already corrupt.

G> Better yet would be to copy the attachment to a floppy or CD and
G> handcarry it to an other computer to see if it can be opened there.

Nope, once I save the file to disk, there is already data missing
(as shown in the example above).

So I'm still looking for explanations/solutions. :)

--
Eddy