On Tuesday, April 23, 2002, 23:53:12 (-0300 GMT) Ricardo M. Reyes wrote:

> The Bat isn't showing the images linked in the html mails I receive.
> żIs it a bug, or I just missed an option?.

That's correct when this images are stored on a remote server. TB will
display images in html mails only if they attached into the mail. This
is a good way. So nobody can check that you have read the mail via
this nifty little webbugs (webbugs = pictures with 1 pixel size and
transparent). The sender of this mails can set and read cookies with
this webbugs.
Second in some SPAMs are embedded javascript in those mails. Like call
to windows.open to open a specified URL in a new broswer window.
This don't happen in TB. Cause TB open not a IE instance to view this
mails. Ritlabs use a self coded viewer for this.

--
Best regards
 Heinz Hombergs                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Winamp is off

  Written with The Bat! Version 1.60g under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A
  PGP Key: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Key ID: 0xB6E8E34E
  Fingerprint: 36DE F798 52E2 30A7 F12C 0493 4226 7422 B6E8 E34E