El martes 23 de abril de 2002, a las 19.12, Heinz Hombergs decía:

>> The Bat isn't showing the images linked in the html mails I receive.
>> ¿Is it a bug, or I just missed an option?.

HH> That's correct when this images are stored on a remote server. TB will
HH> display images in html mails only if they attached into the mail. This
HH> is a good way. So nobody can check that you have read the mail via
HH> this nifty little webbugs (webbugs = pictures with 1 pixel size and
HH> transparent).

ok, I get it. Although I think it should be optional, because I see it
as a privacy problem, and not a really big "security problem". The
current behavior should be the default, but I would like to have the
option of seeing the mails complete. don't you?

HH> The sender of this mails can set and read cookies with
HH> this webbugs.

Are you sure they can do that? I know they can track the request of
the image, but I don't know about the cookies.

HH> Second in some SPAMs are embedded javascript in those mails. Like call
HH> to windows.open to open a specified URL in a new broswer window.
HH> This don't happen in TB. Cause TB open not a IE instance to view this
HH> mails. Ritlabs use a self coded viewer for this.

that's one of the reasons I switched to TB from Outlook

--
Ricardo M. Reyes
(Mar del Plata - Argentina)