Hello Colin!

On Saturday, April 27, 2002 at 9:00:02 AM you wrote:

>   Yes but what is the point if all the business contacts I e-mail
>   don't use PGP in any form. How can they check my sig etc?

That's more of a conceptual problem. I usually sign *all* messages
with PGP, if people use it, they can verify my messages. If not, they
will - maybe - ask, "What the hell is this?" And I can tell them.

For a variety of reasons I am convinced it would be a good idea to use
electronic signing and encryption (sending letters and not open
postcards) routinely - everybody.

The decision not to use PGP because others don't use will eventually
mean that PGP (and other encryption software) will remain in a niche.
Word didn't become standard because people thought, "Well my contacts
don't use it, so I don't use it."

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.60g on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

You have to be able to stand living with the tensions of opposites.
(Niels Bohr)