Hello Thomas,

21 May 2002, 08:45:21, you wrote:

> Workaround: set TB so that it checks your work email every 5 minutes.
> AFAIK a POP check leaves the SMTP server open for 10 minutes, so
> whenever you want to send anything, a POP check has just occurred
> within the time frame.

That would work, but beware that the authenticated window way vary from server
to server. We've set up ours so people have 60 minutes after a
POP3-authentication in which to send mail using SMTP.

Still we get a lot of customers with problems... All due to the stupid
Microsoft programs insisting on sending mail before checking mail... :-(

Yours,
Per Gøtterup

--
Per Gøtterup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> · PGP: 0xBAD47FA5 · ICQ: 9042837

Systems Administrator
NetGroup A/S · Store Kongensgade 40H · DK-1264 Copenhagen K · Denmark
Phone: +45 33130055 · Fax: +45 33130066 · Web: www.netgroup.dk

Technical Account Manager
N|G|D|C NetGroup Data Center · Sydvestvej 100 · DK-2600 Glostrup · Denmark
Phone: +45 70274555 (24/7) · Web: www.ngdc.net / www.ngdc.dk

Ground Beef: A cow with no legs.