On Wed, 22 May 2002 at 06:01 GMT -0500 (22/05/2002 18:01 where you think
I live) "Jonathan Angliss"=[JA] wrote to [EMAIL PROTECTED] :

>> However, we still insist that the SMTP sender domain exists in the
>> DNS, on the  grounds that (auto)replies may not work unless the
>> domains are correct.

> That  is  one  way of doing it... but 99% of the time, the domains are
> valid,  like  spammers  us hotmail.com or yahoo.com... both very valid
> domains.

Nowadays  a  lot  of  spammers  spoofing the domain, that's why checking
Sender  Domain  validity  not  enough.  I  think later we need to verify
sender  address  from  authoritive Mail Server (primary MX) whether they
are valid user or not he..he..he..

>> I think we also insist that header line sender addresses are
>> resolvable too (again to ensure replies work).

> That  should be a mail client thing, and if setup incorrectly, that is
> the  fault  of  the end user... if I'm reading his statement correctly
> that is.

Have  you  check header of OE users ? By activate this, OE users can not
send/relay from our MTA because the host name not FQDN :-)))

- Syafril -               mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Flying with The Bat! 1.60m
under Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2