I have my mail lists sorted by thread reference and descending creation date,
which would seem to be the best way to read threaded messages in order
of date.

The first problem is that using the space bar to go through messages
in the preview pane, it doesn't read through collapsed threads but
jumps to the first message in the next thread.

I've discovered the keypress Shift+Ctrl+* which opens all the threads,
but there are two problems associated with that. Firstly, I'm using a
laptop and the numberpad * key is a function key. TB doesn't respond
to Shift+Ctrl in conjunction with the function key. Is there an
alternative way of opening all threads? Secondly, it's very messy
having all threads opened. It would be much better if I could
configure TB to read through closed threads as I spacebar through.

The second problem comes when I try to read messages in the main
window. Again, it doesn't read through closed threads, but there
doesn't appear to be a way of making it think threads are expanded -
even though they are in the message window.

I'd like to be able to start reading the top message in the main
window and, using the space bar, read through all the messages in
order - including all the messages in threads - without having TB
jumping any.

Cheers,

Ray D