Hello Peter,

Peter> You can:
Peter> 1.) _DISABLE_ 8bit character support in headers. It's not recommended to
Peter>     use them in headers.
Peter> 2.) Enable 'Quoted-Printable' encoding of 8bit characters in your message
Peter>     body. ('Account' / 'Properties' / 'Mail management' / '8-bit characters
Peter>     are treated')
Peter> 3.) Send yourself a test message containing the Euro symbol and have a look
Peter>     at the message source after receiving it. The position where you expect
Peter>     the Euro symbol should now be '=A4'. If so _your_ system is set up to
Peter>     send the correct encoding for Euro sign, IF the the 'Content-Type'
Peter>     value 'charset' is 'ISO-8859-15'.

Thanks very much for all that: despite not being an expert I
could follow your reasoning and instructions. I did as you
suggested, but nothing changed.

When I view the source of a message to myself, it shows the 'sun
symbol' , not a code.
(Again: on my screen, just reading the message, everything seems
fine).
Any more suggestions?

--

Regards,