I signed up for this list after this thread started, so I can't reply
to the beginning of it.

After a little organized testing, this definitely is resulting from a
filter deleting a message, regardless of whether it is also moved to
another folder. The Windows sound it is playing is the Exclamation.
Assigning a sound to the filter in the Action tab makes no difference:
it plays the sound and then the Exclamation.

This also definitely is new behavior, as I have had some of these
filters in use for a long time and this did not start happening until
I upgraded to 1.60q today. I don't remember what version I was using
before, but I think I've kept pretty current with announced releases.

So...someone please make it stop!!!! :)

--
Alan Little
Holotech Enterprises