Hello Tim,

Saturday, June 29, 2002, 5:25:02 AM, you wrote:

TM> If you connect via an ISP like NetZero that blocks port 25, the only
TM> way to overcome it would be to have the SMTP send go to a different
TM> port.  That would require a host that is *not* NetZero attached that
TM> is listening to the alternate port for SMTP traffic.  Just having a
TM> SMTP server on your workstation will not get around the block.

Some wise soul on this list last week mentioned pointcast server
which is free. I thought what the heck while i'm healing here i
have nothing more to do but try stuff so.. i downloaded it (it's
free).. and actually got it up and running!! in less than 1/2
hour <amazing> AND it worked.. but i did have to switch it to
port 26. I don't know if it uses my ISP SMTP or not.. the address
was my machine name "LG" and port 26.  Now I am curious! Does
anyone here know?

 Laura                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]