On Saturday, June 29, 2002, 12:18 PM, you wrote:

ACM> I'm quite sure that your surprise the very basis behind so many not
ACM> using their own SMTP server as the means to deal with the problem of
ACM> not being able to send messages via an ISP SMTP server with any From
ACM> address. The concept seems intimidating when it really isn't. The same
ACM> goes for running one's own mail-server.

yup, me too ;)
as a UNIX sysadm I could do all kinds fo stuff, but I never set up an
SMTP server anywhere. I have 5 email accounts myself, and I'd love to
run them all from my own SMTP server. I've heard Mercury, Postcast,
and a few other ideas. I didn't understand mercury, is postcast any
easier ????

/ Paul
Using The Bat! v1.60q on Windows XP
5.1 Build 2600