Hey alists,

My MUA believes 'The Bat! (v1.60q) Educational' was used
to write [EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
on Saturday, June 29, 2002 at 12:03:35 PM.

awc> but i did have to switch it to port 26. I don't know if it uses
awc> my ISP SMTP or not.. the address was my machine name "LG" and
awc> port 26.  Now I am curious! Does anyone here know?

Let's see, you switched 'it' to port 26...  Assuming that was in TB.
If so, TB connects to your local SMTP server (on the same machine as
TB is running) on port 26.

Your mail is still on your machine.

Now, the SMTP software on your machine sends the mail out to another
SMTP server on the Internet - possibly the one the eMail is destined
for.  This communication is on port 25, because that is the standard,
and what the other end is 'listening' on.

Does that help?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! eMail v1.60q