Hello Gerard,

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:52:58 +0200 GMT (02/08/02, 16:52 +0700 GMT),
Gerard wrote:

G>  I agree on your bandwidht concern.

Give me (a DUN connection user) please a little math for this "waste
of bandwidth". Please compare it to ML's that don't use these headers
or footers, but many users use HTML.

I pay THB 35/hr (about € 0.80/hr). My average download speed is a low
1KB/sec. With the volume of this list, how much do these headers and
footers cost me?

If one posting of average length came in by HTML per day, how much
would that cost me?

Or are you talking about bandwdith between the servers? My point is
that there is no bandwidth concern for these few lines, as long as
mailers like OL and Incredimail exist.

G>  As for the footers I would suggest a link to the website with
G>  instructions.

It is difficult enough to get people to read the footers. But at least
we haven't had a "unsubscribe" message to the list (followed by long
threads consisting of flames and ridicule) for a while. The
probability that people follow links is a lot less than that for
reading the footer.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Wrinkled Was Not One of the Things I Wanted to Be When I Grew Up.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM