Hello Thomas,

I find out what the cause is.

My OS is Win2K Traditional Chinese version with Service Pack 2.

The problem occurs whenever I set the region to English (US) from Control
Panel/Region/General Tab/Region.

The problem goes away whenever I set the region to Chinese Traditional
Chinese.

So it seems that the region must be set to the same as the Windows
language version. Otherwise Bat! is confused by the file association.

--
Regards, Anthony

A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what
you want to do. -- Murphy's Law on Computing