> I'm having some problems getting The Bat to speak SMTP over TLS to my
> server. Relevent details are as follows:
And while investigating other SSL/TLS stuff, it looks as though The
Bat is not speaking IMAP securely at all. When I select the IMAP4
protocol and configure The Bat for either STARTTLS or plain TLS, it
still says 'making IMAP connection to port 143' in the log, and
doesn't seem to do anything secure at all. Can anyone confirm/deny
this?

thanks

--
 Phil Stoneman                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]