Hi All,

I've been working with a filter recently that adds contacts from a
list to an address book group so that if they reply off list, I can
reply to them, and use the same template as that used on the list (I
like consistency).  The problem is, I need to exclude my own email
address otherwise things go rather odd when I try replying to myself
on the list (ie when I correct myself).  What was suggested (by Marck
I think) is that I create a special group, and in the filter specify
the user mustn't exist in that group, if they are not, then add them
to the address book (if they are mailing to the list).  The problem is
this, to make this work, I decided to add an address book item to the
exclusions group, and add to that item all my addresses/aliases.  But
as soon as I added multiple addresses in my item, the filter
completely ignored the entry.  Here is the details:

BeginFilter
Name: TheBat Address List
Active: 1
Source: \\Certiflex Dimension\Inbox
Target: \\Certiflex Dimension\Inbox
CopyFolder: \\\\none
MainSet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AltSet:1: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AltSet:2: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Actions: faAddAddress,faoContinueProcessing,faoAdvAddressOut,faoAdvNoGroups
AddGroups: TB Lists
AddAddrItems: afiFrom,
DelAddrItems: afiFrom,
NoAddrGroups: Exemptions
EndFilter

(I've snipped out the parts I thought were unnecessary such as
replytemplate, so this is my snipped down filter).  I realise my
filters are a little odd, and match on a header (return-path) that
some people don't use, but it is working fine, and I've not had any
mismatches.  Now for my Address book item for me:

Name: Jonathan Angliss
Groups: Exemptions
Addresses: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
           [snipped some more as I think you get the idea]

Now if I remove all but the top item, the filter works fine, but if I
have the other items, the filter breaks, and it adds me to the "TB
Lists" group.  Would this be a bug or a feature of the program?  And
do I need to go ahead and create several address book items for all my
addresses?

- --
Jonathan Angliss
([EMAIL PROTECTED])