On 29 August 2002 at 10:03:38, tbudl wrote:

Britt> Dear Keith,

Britt> Thursday, August 29, 2002 at 10:53:12 AM you wrote:

KA>> I think it would be a good thing if personal email addresses didn't
KA>> appear in the archive. In another mailman list to which I'm
KA>> subscribed, the person's email address is replaced by that of the
KA>> list.

Britt> I do not agree. Sometimes, you might want to answer directly to the
Britt> author rather than to the list, perhaps because your answer is off
Britt> topic.

Britt> Also, I find that the most problems and noise come from people who
Britt> write anonymously.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. The emails which are sent out
should retain the address of the sender for the reasons you outline.
My concern is that personal email addresses are appearing on a
publicly available web page which could be the target of email address
harvesters.

--
Keith Anderson
The Bat! v1.61 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2