In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Rick Reumann [RR] wrote:'

RR> 1) What if you don't want a message moved, just copied to
RR> another folder. It works fine by going under advanced options
RR> and selecting the folder to copy messages to, but I still have
RR> to select a folder on the main page. Do I just select the main
RR> inbox folder again?

Yes. If the source and target folders are the same, then the message
will not be moved and the actions otherwise defined will be applied.

RR> This seems a little bit of an awkward UI design if that is the
RR> case. If you aren't really moving the message I don't think you
RR> should be forced to select a folder to move the message to.

Yes. We've agreed on this on many occasions in the past. The
filtering system will be redesigned. I don't think that design
remain in the new interface.

RR> .... I just want to copy the messages with these certain
RR> people's e-mail addresses into a separate folder. So what I did
RR> was set up a filter and checked just the manual checkbox

For the filter to work, you need to enable it by enabling the
'active' option under the 'rule' tab.

RR> and set up a filter string of the e-mail addresses I want to
RR> filter.

How did you do this? I'd assume that you put one address in the
filter string dialog under the 'rule' tab and then put the others as
strings under the 'alternative' tab.

RR> Then under the advanced tab I set the copy to folder option and
RR> selected the appropriate folder. How do I get this filter to now
RR> copy these messages manually? I tried right clicking on the
RR> folder and selecting filter and selected the manual filter only
RR> (plus checked all the types..read, etc.) but it doesn't work.

You need only check the filter set in which you created the filter.
If it was an inbox filter then only enable inbox.

RR> I'm guessing that it only will filter on messages in the inbox?

No. Once you apply the filter manually, it will work on any folder.

RR> I know I must just be screwing something up.

I suspect it may be that you didn't set the filter to active or your
string entry setup is faulty.

RR> 3)  Does anyone know in a future version of the Bat do they plan
RR> on having the TO field addresses wrap on to new lines vs
RR> scrolling off to the right?

I'd hope so. You're not the first to bring this up. I've personally
brought it up, as well as others. Usually, if you make something
like this known to the developers, it'll eventually be fixed ...
just not necessarily later this week, or even next month. :)

RR> 4) As a side note to the above it would also be nice of having a
RR> cleaner way to add a long filter string of OR type expressions
RR> vs having to type it all as one long line separated by carets
RR> (|).

Actually, you can.

You could enable regular expressions under the options tab and use
the format:

(address1|address2|address3|address4|address5...)

I also see this in the help:

,-----[ begin ]----->>

| Pipe character "|" can be used when the signal string contains two
| alternatives. For example, string John|Jack means that the filter
| will search for John OR Jack in the specified location. If either is
| present, the search is successful. If neither are present, the
| search fails.

I don't know if it will only for two alternatives or if you can
string them along as I have done with the initial method above.

- --
Allie C Martin     \      TB! v1.62/Beta1 & Windows XP Pro
 List Moderator    /   PGP Key - http://pub-key.ac-martin.com
'