Hello ETM,

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, at 13:49:09 [GMT -0400] (which was 1:49:09
PM in NY, USA) ETM wrote:

> Limitations

> Plugin doesn't certify messages due to a nature of the
> anti-virus plugin interface of The Bat!. The plugin is called
> only on message attachments. Outgoing messages are scanned
> since a version 1.61 of The Bat!

I think AVG normally could insert a brief message that
"certifies" that your message has been scanned before it was
sent.  The plug-in will not allow it to do this.  Further, I
think they may be explaining this badly as I believe for AVG to
be able to do this, it would have to be a plug-in to TB rather
than just a scanning plug-in.  But if you know they're being
scanned before leaving your pc, couldn't one "certify" them
one's self?

> Known issues

> Embedded messages are not currently scanned. According to
> producers of The Bat!, this problem should be fixed in the
> version 1.62 of The Bat!

As Leif mentions, these are nested messages.  And I believe
nested messages are actually scanned (after all they are
attachments themselves).  But what do not get scanned are the
the attachments of those nested messages.  So, better stated
(assuming I am correct, of course) the AVG plug-in cannot read
below the first level of attachments.

James
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.stamp-co.com