Hello Richard!

On Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 1:55:59 AM you wrote:

> About the only thing I can think off that might be causing problems is
> Norton Anti-Virus which I use.

Well, I won't say TB! *isn't* the culprit - although I find it highly
unlikely. And I won't say Norton AV *is* it.

But, I had so much trouble with NAV (2000) including RAM hogging and
resource leaks that I banned it from my HD - and even then there
remain ... remains (with TweakUI I could "disable" LiveUpdate, but I
can't trash it totally).

Since NAV interferes very strongly with a Windows system and isn't
very good in detecting virii, Trojan Horses, macro malware, worms etc.
I'll scrap it and see what happens. There are better AV products on
the market - from F-Prot (for free) to F-Secure (pricey but very
good).

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.61 on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C