Hello Sudip,

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:21:21 +0545 GMT (12/09/02, 16:36 +0700 GMT),
Sudip Pokhrel wrote:

TF>> NAV uses an algorithm that tries to find as yet unknown malware.
TF>> Other AV-software will check in their database whether any known
TF>> malware is found in the file being scanned.

SP> This is not entirely true. Other packages use this method (called
SP> Heuristic analysis) as well. In NAV's case this is called Bloodhound.

OK, so AVG uses it too. But then, AVG seems to catch only 60-odd
percent of the viruses, according to hackfix.

SP> Besides, you always have an option to turn Heuristic/Bloodhound off.

Also in NAV?

TF>> I am using PC-Cillin.

SP> How much does it cost? What about footprint?

For prices see: www.trendmicro.com

I don't know the footprint - how do I check in in Win98? Since I have
kicked out SETI@Home, I don't have 100% memory usage any more, so I
guess PCC's footprint is within range for my box.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Laughing stock: cattle with a sense of humor.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta1
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM